Codoxol Tablet is used for Headache, Joint pain, Allergic reactions, Relief of mild to moderately severe pain, Toothache, Fatigue, Cold, Insomnia, Migraine, Flu and other conditions.
Codoxol Tablet works by antagonizing the adenosine receptors; broken down by the liver into morphine; increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; blocking histamine at H1 receptors;
Detailed information related to Codoxol Tablet’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Codoxol Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Joint pain
- Allergic reactions
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
- Codoxol Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed here.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Codoxol Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
• Drowsiness • Anorexia • Vasoconstriction • Chronic arterial stiffness
• Gastrointestinal motility • Gastric acid secretion • Congenital malformations
• Miscarriage or growth retardation • Lightheadedness • Dizziness • Sedation
• Shortness of breath • Nausea • Vomiting • Sweating • Constipation • Allergic reactions • Euphoria • Dysphoria • Abdominal pain • Pruritis • Faintness • Flushing
• Hypotension • Palpitations • Syncope • Abdominal cramps • Diarrhea • Dry mouth
• Gastrointestinal distress • Pancreatitis • Anxiety • Fatigue • Headache • Insomnia
• Nervousness • Shakiness • Somnolence • Vertigo • Visual disturbances • Weakness
Rash • Respiratory depression • Circulatory depression • Respiratory arrest • Shock
• Cardiac arrest • Feeling of sickness • Skin reddening • Swollen facial features
• Liver damage • Abnormalities of blood cells • Rashes • Liver toxicity • Less white blood cells • Acute renal tubular necrosis • Blood dyscrasias • Confusion or hallucinations • Mild dizziness or drowsiness • Blurred vision • Little or no urination • Ataxia • Urinary retention • Rarely hallucinations • Seizures • Destruction of striated muscle cells
• Codoxol Tablet may also cause side-effects not listed here.
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Before using Codoxol Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if you experience dizziness fromt his medication
- Avoid exposing medication to excessive heat
- Avoid taking alcohol or other central nervous system depressants
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Be careful while exercising or in hot weather
- Biliary tract disease
Interactions with Codoxol Tablet
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Codoxol Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Codoxol Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Antianxiety agents
- Ascorbic acid
When not to use Codoxol Tablet
Hypersensitivity to Codoxol Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Codoxol Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Allergic reactions
- Enlarged prostate
- Hepatic impairment
- Hypersensitivity to codeine
- Mechanical obstructors
- Paralytic ileus
Is Codoxol Tablet safe to use when pregnant?
- Caffeine: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
- Codeine: No
- Paracetamol: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
- Doxylamine: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
Is Codoxol Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
- Caffeine: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- Codeine: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- Paracetamol: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- Doxylamine: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Other important Information on Codoxol Tablet
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Codoxol Tablet
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Codoxol Tablet, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Codoxol Tablet
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Codoxol Tablet.